Eid-ul-Adha or Eid-al-Adha is one of the most important festivals celebrated by Muslims all over the world. While people in some countries celebrated Eid on Friday, most parts of India will mark the day on Saturday.
Also called Bakrid in India, Eid-ul-Adha falls on the tenth day of Dhu al-Hijjah, marking the end of the Hajj pilgrimage.
The festival is celebrated to honour the sacrifice made by Ibrahim. According to Islamic scripture, God appeared in the dream of Prophet Ibrahim and ordered him to sacrifice his son Ismail. He obeyed the order but before he could slaughter his own son, God spared him and Angel Jibrael (Gabriel) placed a goat under his knife.
The festival of Bakrid comes nearly 70 days after the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr.
This year, the COVID-19 pandemic has marred the Eid celebrations with most places restricting the congregational prayers because of social distancing guidelines,
However, this must not stop us from wishing our near and dears.
Here are some Eid greetings you can send your friends and family via Facebook, WhatsApp, SMS:
* Wish you a very happy and peaceful Eid al-Adha.
* Sending you my wishes on the joyous occasion of Eid al-Adha. Eid Mubarak!
* May Allah bless you and your family. Eid Mubarak!
* Eid Mubarak! Have a safe Eid!
* May you be blessed today and every day. Wish you a very Happy Eid!
* Have a blessed Eid-ul-Adha.
* Happy Eid al-Adha.
* May Allah flood your life with happiness, your heart with love, your soul with spirituality and your mind with wisdom. Wishing you a very Happy Eid-ul-Adha!
* Let’s celebrate this Eid by sacrificing our egos! This Eid, may Allah bless you with good health and happiness. Eid-al-Adha Mubarak!
* May Allah shower His divine blessing and fulfil all your dreams on Eid-al-Adha. Eid Mubarak!
* May Allah shower countless blessings upon you and your family. Eid Mubarak to you and yours!